Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday Five

1. Manuscript sent. Now in the nerves-and-nausea stage.

2. A moment of personal trivia that makes those over forty say "Are you kidding me?" and those under twenty say "I don't know what you're talking about": before last night, I had never seen Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Now that oversight has been rectified. Not only have I now seen the film, I saw it at the Sundance Resort (which Robert Redford began the same year as the movie came out), and viewed the actual 35 mm print of the film that belongs to Redford himself. If that wasn't cool enough, I really liked the movie.

3. My husband and I spent two nights at the Sundance resort and finally, after 24 hours, were able to get beyond the "fire lit" stage to the "fire continues burning" stage. At one point, my husband said, "I don't understand how the forest ever catches on fire." Campers we are not.

4. I'm coming to the end of Angel Season Five. I will be happy when it's over--I'm getting tired of one disaster after another. It's reminding me of The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton which we read for book club this month. (And there's a title that's misleading: there isn't a single moment of mirth in the story of decorative Lily Bart in early 1900s New York.) Frankly, by around page 200 I wanted to scream at Lily, "Just lie down and die already!" Kind of what I'm feeling about Angel right now.

5. Becca Fitzpatrick will be doing three book signings right here in Utah later this month for Hush, Hush. One on Friday, October 23rd and two on Saturday, October 24th. Follow this link and read down the list of dates on the right-hand side of the page for details. I will be driving back from seeing U2 in Las Vegas Friday night, but plan to make it to the signing at 3:00 p.m. Saturday. And don't think you can't go if you don't know her. Tell her you know me! It might not get you anything, but I do promise that she knows my name :)

No comments:

Post a Comment