Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday Five

1. My husband's home. It's always nice to say that after he's been gone a week.

2. I'm going shopping tomorrow. Shoes and skirts. Might even be better than tea and books.

3. I've been hugged twice in two days by my 16-year-old. And told that he loves me. Do you think he's contracted a fatal illness I don't know about yet? (I'm sure it's entirely unconnected to the fact that I gave him money.)

4. Finally settled on Halloween costumes. After seven years, I do have quite the tradition to uphold in this neighborhood. Let's just say a certain young starship captain will be making my heart beat fast beneath my communications uniform.

5. I'm finished. I spent the last four hours reading my manuscript straight through, all 317 pages. Now I'm going to let my mind settle for 48 hours, fix a few obvious flaws, and then send it off on Monday. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment