Friday, February 12, 2016

Fictional Crush Number Whatever . . .

How far back in time can I find honorable, damaged, too moody for their own good men?



How about Athos, Comte de la Fer, in 1620s France? I've long known the story of the Musketeers--it's one of those woven into our culture, especially if one is a lover of stories. And I've seen various filmed versions, but I had (shamefully) never read Dumas's book. Not until I stumbled across the BBC's current version of The Musketeers just over a year ago. Once I'd devoured the first season, off to Dumas it was for a binge reading of Porthos, Aramis, d'Artagnan, and . . . be still my heart . . . Athos.



Honorable? Check. Damaged? Check. Moody? Ha, ha, ha, ha, triple check. And a brilliant swordsman? What's not to adore?



Okay, I'm cheating a little bit with this one, because it's as much Tom Burke's interpretation that I'm in love with as the written version. But it's my blog, so I'll pick the fictional men I want to crush on according to my own terms, thank you very much. I mean, just watch him. It's like the character was created exactly for me:









Also, lest you think my husband likely to resent these posts, I have only to mention that, for my birthday, Chris gave me a photo of Athos signed by Tom Burke. My husband is the best, your argument is invalid.



Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment