Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's a Good Day Because . . .

1. It's 80 degrees outside.

2. My house is quiet at 6:00 in the evening.

3. My house is clean (bless you, Lupita!)

4. I'm going to Zumba tonight.

5. I'm halfway through my second round of hcg. Down eight pounds and 4 1/2 inches.

6. My husband is taking the afternoon off Thursday so we can go out.

7. It's my 18th wedding anniversary Thursday (hence the afternoon off and going out.)

8. Tomorrow is the 2-year anniversary of Jake's first set of clean scans. It was three weeks after the end of his six weeks of daily radiation treatments and I'll never forget being told that the tumor was gone. We had hoped for significant shrinking, but I hadn't dared hope for it to be wholly gone. But it was. And though Jake had another six months of chemo ahead of him, that tumor has not made the slightest reappearance since.

9. Including yesterday. Jake had his 16-month off-treatment scans and I believe Dr Afify used the word 'perfect' to describe the results.

10. If I've learned anything in the last two-plus years, it's to cherish the good days with my whole heart. So I'm cherishing today. Tomorrow can take thought for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment