Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday Five

Five things I like about being a Writer

5. Writers are always working. Sure, it might look like I'm taking a walk or folding laundry or sitting in a chair looking at a catalog . . . but all of that is mere background to my fictional worlds. Case in point: while flipping through the Acorn Catalog in bed the other night, I came across English witch balls. And suddenly I had a wonderful detail to add to my revisions.

4. I get to spend the majority of my days with people who are confined to my computer and/or my head. Though they might frustrate me no end, there's a limit to the real-world damage they can do. Unlike, say, teenagers.

3. I get to daydream and call it a job.

2. I get to read and call it research.

1. I get to create something that has never before existed. Yes, there are thousands of love stories. Yes, there are thousands of time travel stories. But never before in the history of the world has a girl named Kierra met a spy named Colin in the world of Sorrows Court. That's something to be proud of, no matter what the outcome.

Have a Happy U.S. Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment