Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Why I Love My Kindle

First, let me be clear . . .

I will never give up bound books. I need the feel of them, the weight of a volume and the seduction of the tactile experience.

However, a Kindle can be very useful. And not just when travelling.

Saturday at midnight, I finished City of Bones, the first in Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series. I had stopped by Wal-Mart earlier in the evening to buy the next two, but they only had the third. Which I didn't bother to buy, because I figured I'd order it from Amazon with my two-day free shipping and all would be fine.

Be warned: when you finish City of Bones, you will likely feel a compelling need to immediately begin book two, City of Ashes.

Before my head could explode from the absolute necessity of continuing RIGHT THIS VERY MOMENT, I remembered my Kindle. Within thirty seconds, I was reading City of Ashes. At midnight. In my pajamas.

Crisis averted.

No comments:

Post a Comment