Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday Five

5. Boo for snow and freezing temperatures. Hooray for boots and sweaters.

4. Is one of my favorite numbers. I have four children. I've completed four novel manuscripts. And Becca Fitzpatrick's Hush, Hush is currently #4 on the New York Times bestseller list. (Scroll past pictures books to chapter books.)

3. I love Thanksgiving: turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, pie night . . .

2. (Pie night being the invention of my friend, Katie, who posits that one generally eats too much on Thanksgiving day at the dinner table to fully appreciate the glories of Thanksgiving desserts. So our families have pie night--on the day after Thanksgiving, after putting up Christmas decorations, we get together to watch movies and eat nothing but dessert. Pumpkin, coconut cream, double-layer pumpkin, apple, pumpkin cheesecake. It's the holiday after the holiday.)

1. After finishing season 4 of Supernatural on dvd, I was looking for something new to watch while working out. In the spirit of "everything old is new again", I started Buffy the Vampire Slayer in 'Welcome to the Hellmouth'. And realized anew why Joss Whedon has no equal. Buffy and Xander and Willow in all their sophomore geekiness, with Cordelia just the way she belongs: all cool and shallow rather than the mystic, goddess, Angel-love-interest that made me gag in the later seasons of Angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment