Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Five

1. I'm happy to report that my to-be-read shelves have shrunk. All the way down to forty-four unread books. I am absolutely, under no circumstances, allowed to buy another book until it has gone down to twenty-five. Except that I need to get the book for couple's book club. And I will be at The King's English tomorrow. Maybe just one. (And anyone who believes I've ever bought a single book in my life obviously doesn't know me at all.)

2. Running leaves my stomach muscles sore. In protest, I expect. It's only a matter of time before they rise up in utter rebellion and convince me that looking three months' pregnant isn't the worst thing in the world.

3. I'm taking my daughter to tea tomorrow. Good thing I still have fifteen hours to decide what I want. Scones with clotted cream? Shortbread? Chicken and leek pasty? All of the above? (That might quiet my protesting stomach muscles.)

4. 260 pages down on my revision, just over 50 to go. And he hasn't even kissed her yet. Can that possibly be right?

5. Sunny Septembers are all well and good, but could we possibly knock the temperature down from the high 80s to the high 70s? Honestly, you'd think the weather didn't understand it was autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment