Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday Five

1. My oldest son is not only driving to school several days a week, he is attending his first date dance tomorrow. Since when am I old enough to have a 6-foot-tall child going to Homecoming?

2. Instead of one ten-year-old, I am mothering three ten-year-olds for the next ten days. That makes six children total if you're counting. Not to mention the hungry teenagers that swarm like locusts, leaving mass destruction of foodstuffs in their wake.

3. 200 pages down, roughly 100 to go in my novel revision. I'm struggling with how to make a fencing scene more dramatic, how to make a villain less obvious, and how to get the heroine back to her century with the possibly murderous love interest in tow. I'm beginning to think fictional characters are no more easy to boss around than flesh and blood children.

4. I'm still searching for the perfect shoes to celebrate the release of HUSH, HUSH. Okay, to be completely honest, I'm still searching for the perfect shoes that cost less than three hundred dollars to celebrate the release of HUSH, HUSH. Becca, I love you, but I'm not buying the red leather boots until I have an agent of my own.

5. Good news at Jacob's Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment